Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1: The PALM of your hand



Okay so today was the first day.  I went out and did some geocaching, nearly got stuck in the mud at some back hills cemetary, saw an AMAZING train tressel, a covered bridge, and a building side painted to look like an old town square.

The Tulip Tressel

All this is painted on one building except for the awnings.

I find bridges like this fascinating.
So what does all this have to do with the build a better Bret project?  It hopefully will be the start of me seeing things in new ways.  I tried to see my trip beyond just my favorite hobby and more as places and things that could change me.  All of this is about improving my creativity.

The first project assignment for the 365 was to basically start something, but make it small.  It had to fit in the palm of my hand.  Since I wanted to do trees as my main theme,  I couldn't ignore the idea of a PALM tree.  I might later make one out of palm prints but to fit in my palm I had to basically just cut some paper.  Actually the trunk is from a carmel hot chocolate box and the leaves are from some useless paperwork for my x-box.
The palm tree that fits in my palm.
I feel more creative all ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment