Thursday, January 6, 2011

Its all in the punny names!

Well, I was happy about most of the day today.  I had some good chats with some students.  My coworkers and I prepared for the start of second semester.  I got a ton of stuff done and then I came home totally prepared for today's art assignment.

I decided to wait for my next food master work in the kitchen, it will be tomorrow, but today's project sent me to the fridge anyway.  I was to take the first fruit or veggie I found and make my art with it.  I thought about potato prints, little broccoli forests in  the fruit bin, but thoose feel by the wayside.  I made this...

To quote a famouse british artist, "can you tell what it is yet?"  Yes that is indeed one of my extra bosco pears.  But what have i done to it?  That is certainly no tree.  oh well, you have to see it in context to understand if you haven't got the joke yet...


Okay it is totally a bad pun, but today i made  "a partridge in a pear, tree."  I am such a word geek.  I can't believe i took a simple assignment and forced it into such a horrid pun!

And for those of you who need to hear it..."screw them, you are far better than that.  I love you and you should love yourself.  I am always right here beside you, no matter what."

No comments:

Post a Comment