Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I love Wednesday!

It is Wednesday which means NEW comics!  This week was a big comic week, 10 issues of brand new happy.  Oddly the project for today says, "Work with a collection of objects you have in your home.  I tried to build a tree from old archie digests.  If i had about 4 times the number this would look amazing...

It has some branches and a leaf layer.  It ain't big but it works...

Here however is what I really created tonight, mizo chicken with Italian green beans and potatos and a baked pear with a grapefruit spritzer.


This was a fabbo dinner and I made enough to have seconds tomorrow at school.  The chicken is moist and flavorful. The potatos are rough mashed and I wish I had made more of them, the beans are just perfect crisp and bright on the tongue.  To contrast with the slightly salty miso on the chicken, grapefruit spritzer was just tart enough to be fun.  The one fail would be the roasted pear, I needed smaller or riper fruit because this one didn't cook through enough for me.

I have been out of the cooking habit for reasons I won't go into so it was nice to be back in the kitchen making a full meal.  Cooking is one of the most fun things I get to do and I need to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment