Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Prep Work or Setting Up a Plan to Better Bret

Okay so this started a week or two ago.  One of my students gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble as a farewell gift.  He just wanted to thank me for helping him out during his time at school, but what ended up happening was that I got an idea.

I saw a copy of 365 make something every day and change your life.  Having dozens of friends with actual talent, I thought about how uncreative my life has been recently.  I put in the back of my mind that I really needed to kick start my own life a bit.

Over the next several days, I thought a great deal about trying to make myself better through creative acts as a new year's revolution (resolutions are easy to break, but revolutions are hard to put down).  I did some research and decided that if I was in for a penny, I am in for a pound.  I bought several books. Not every one is about doing something every day some are just about seeing the world in more creative ways.

Not every book is here yet since I ordered some online, but I made certain to go back and get 365 so that on January 1st, I can start in.  I will try to ID the book for each idea on each day so some days you will see lots of stuff and on others only one.  I don't feel the requirement to finish each book in a year, but i do think that doing at least one thing every day will expand my worldview.

If you want to help right at the start, I am thinking about what my overall theme for the 365 projects should be.  The author, Noah Scalin, suggest that you pick a single medium or theme for the year of projects.  He used skulls as his project.  I am trying to decide what to use as a theme for mine since I will be using whatever medium I think of each day.

suggestions are welcome at betterbret@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment